Friday, June 22, 2012

GREAT Example Of YMMV (Your Mileage May Vary)



So normally when there is a deal online we sometimes don't get the same price at our local store :((

So today I decided to do 2 transactions at 2 different stores to give you a clear meaning of YMMV. A term you may have heard but have never knew what it really meant. Normally I would not have bought the more expensive product but figured it would make a great example for new couponers :)


This Picture below shows at Store #1 The Price Of Cholest OFF was $12.74 :/ After paying no ECB printed so the manager had to manually make it print off for me.



This was a good deal normally:

Buy 1 Cholest Off - 12.74 Part Of the Natures Made Deal
-Use $1.00 Natures Made Coupon
Pay $11.74 OOP
Get back a $10.00 ECB
It is like paying $1.74!


That would normally be terrific... but knowing there is a better deal can sometimes be disappointing to a new couponer. 

......So I drove 3 miles to the next store and check out this deal:



Here is the deal we all want!!

Buy 1 Cholest Off - $5.49 Part Of Natures Made Deal- These were shelf marked $10.99 on sale **always scan and check sale price at Lil red Machine before purchasing
-Use $1.00 Natures Made Coupon
Pay $4.49 OOP
Get back a $10.00 ECB 
SCORE We just made $5.51 by getting back a $10.00 ECB- A MM every couponer wants!! 


This shows even in a 3 mile distance the same item can be on sale but at diffent % off :/ ....and that is a example of YMMV. When I questioned the manager of the store with the higher price she stated that "it sells at my store, so we did not put it on sale at that large of a discount"



**I used my card and my dad's card because the deal is limit of 1 $10.00 ECB Per Card.





Check out my page on Facebook! "Like" the page for great coupons, deals and scenarios at KRAZY COUPON CLUB






No comments:

Post a Comment